Advantages of the Belize non – resident company registration:
Belize IBC is tax-free and exchange control-free Limited Liability Company incorporated under the laws of Belize. All its business activities and earned profit must be conducted outside Belize but the company still keeps all the benefits provided by law. Belize IBC is often used by individuals involved in property leasing and buying, estate planning, tax optimization, trusts and by international companies in cross border transactions.
Fundamental features of the IBC in Belize are:
– Law is specially designed to be cost saving
– Flexibility – only one director and one shareholder are required (it may have bearer shares or registered shares, voting or non-voting shares, authorized share capital with or without par value.
– It can purchase and redeem its own shares.
– It may lease an office in Belize
– Obtain service from Belize professionals and trust companies
– Keep its company records and hold meetings in Belize
– Operate an account with a local Bank
– Hold shares in another Belize IBC and own vessels registered in Belize
– Confidentiality – Belize law has accommodated provisions to ensure freedom of the individual and the solemnity of private and commercial transactions. Only document presented for public filing at the Registry is the Memorandum and Articles of Incorporation.
– There is no requirement for public disclosure or annual filing of accounts under the act. The Financial Intelligence Unit of Belize and the International Financial Services Commission of Belize are the only two organizations that have privy to client’s information upon request
– It can conduct business that is not prohibited under the laws of Belize except for banking, insurance, trust management and collective investments which require licenses.
In order to start with IBC company opening procedure please provide the following:
1. Three possible names of the company in order of preference (should you wish to use the words such as Finance, Trust or Insurance you must apply for a license)
2. Completed application forms
3. Beneficial owners declaration
4. Name and passport copies of each beneficial owners
5. Your courier address and phone number where corporate documents shall be sent
6. Payment to EURO COMMERCE bank account. (Visa or MasterCard also accepted).
- Incorporation fee with standard authorised capital of USD 50,000
License Fee (Government fee)
Registered Office/Agent Fee
- Registered office
- Nominee Director (Corporate)
+ 300 USD
- Nominee Director (Individual)
+ 400 USD
- Nominee Shareholder (Corporate)
+ 300 USD
- Nominee Shareholder (Individual)
+ 400 USD
Belize is a country on the eastern coast of Central America. Belize is considered a Central American and Caribbean nation with strong ties to both the Latin American and Caribbean regions. It is a member of the Caribbean Community (CARICOM), the Community of Latin American and Caribbean States (CELAC), and the Central American Integration System (SICA), the only country to hold full membership in all three regional organisations. Belize is a Commonwealth realm, with Queen Elizabeth II as its monarch and head of state.
Since 1974, the party system in Belize has been dominated by the centre-left
People’s United Party and the centre-right United Democratic Party, although there have been other small parties that have participated at all levels of elections in the past. Though none of these small political parties have ever won any significant number of seats and/or offices, their challenge has been growing over the years.
What is Belize IBC
IBC – an International Business Company – is the most popular type of offshore corporation, used worldwide for tax planning and asset protection purposes. Every offshore tax haven has its version of IBC legislation. IBC is the cornerstone and the primary product of offshore services industry.
An IBC is a private company which is designed to engage into any international business activity. An IBC is exempt from tax in its home jurisdiction, it has extensive features protecting the confidentiality of its owners and is not subject to any onerous reporting requirements.
A Belize IBC is formed under the Belize International Business Companies Act. This piece of legislation was initially adopted in 1990 and further extended and amended in 2000. Belize IBC Act is considered internationally as one of the most modern and user-friendly offshore corporation legislations available today. A Belize IBC is a perfect corporate vehicle for international financial transactions, being especially designed with the offshore investor in mind
Tax in BELIZE
A Belize International Business Company, by the definition of the law, is not subject to any tax or duty on income or profits. These provisions are provided by Article 130 of the Belize IBC Act.
In particular, all income of a company incorporated under the Belize IBC Act; all dividends or other distributions paid by the company to persons who are not resident in Belize; all interest, rent, royalties, compensations and other amounts paid by the company to persons who are not persons resident in Belize; all capital gains realised with respect to any shares, debt obligations or other securities of a company incorporated under the Belize IBC Act by persons who are not persons resident in Belize, are exempt from all provisions of the Belize Income and Business Tax Act.
Accounting and Audit
Belize International Business Companies are not obliged to prepare or file any financial accounts. Only such records must be kept as Directors deem necessary in order to adequately keep track of the Company’s transactions, for the information purposes of its owners and management. If any, financial records do not have to be kept in the Belize and the location for keeping such records can be determined by the owners of the IBC. There is no requirement whatsoever to make any commercial or financial records of the Company available to the general public.
List of documents received for standard IBC
- Certificate of Incorporation
- Memorandum & Articles of Association
- First Minutes appointing the Directors and Shareholders
- Share Certificates
Confidentiality is one of the key benefits of the Belize International Business Company. At registration, no information whatsoever is filed on public record on the company beneficial owners, directors and shareholders. This information remains only known to the licensed Registered Agent, who is bound by the law to keep it completely confidential. The internal corporate records of the IBC as the Registry of Members, Registry of Directors and the Corporate Minutes and Resolutions, are all kept by the Registered Agent and are also confidential.
The only documents of a Belize IBC held on public record are the Memorandum and the Articles of Association. These documents do not contain any indication as to the actual beneficial owners, directors or controllers of the company.
A Belize IBC may not be registered under a name that is identical to the name of an existing Belize company. The registration of a new IBC in Belize may also be refused if its name so nearly resembles the name of another company as to be calculated to deceive, except where the other company gives its express consent.
The name of a Belize IBC may not contain the words “Building Society”, “Chamber of Commerce”, “Chartered”, “Cooperative”, “Imperial”, “Municipal”, “Royal”, or any word conveying a similar meaning, or any other word that, in the opinion of the Registrar, suggests or is calculated to suggest the patronage of Her Majesty Queen of England or that of a member of the British Royal Family. Similarly, the name of a Belize IBC must not suggest any connection with the Government of Belize or any of its departments.
A Belize IBC may not register the name containing the words “Assurance”, “Bank”, “Insurance” or “Trust”, or any or their derivatives or cognate expressions, unless it is specifically licensed in Belize to carry on the respective business or activities, as designated by such word.
For Belize IBC we can assist you with the bank account opening in Belize or internationally. The banks we cooperate with are reliable financial institutions with a long tradition in private and corporate banking. Our clients are provided with an excellent customer service, online banking, Visa and/or Master cards, as well as other services, such as factoring, foreign exchange, savings and specialized banking solutions.